I have returned

Hello again!

It’s been a while. I had to take a several weeks long break from the experiments because I was called back suddenly to teaching. A local school had sudden need of a long-term sub.

Everything is returning to normal, and I am back!

Here’s five things that happened while I was away, some of the details of which will appear in future posts, and most of which will certainly influence my experimenting going forward.

1. We took a vacation 

Mike and I had a bit of a vacation reroute. We were going to go to New Orleans, but a hurricane    decided to go there as well. We decided that there wasn’t enough space in New Orleans for all of us, so we rerouted to Disney World just in time for the Food and Wine Festival at Epcot.

2. King Edmund the Just entered a costume competition

Yes, that is correct. Eddie made his public debut as Juan “Paw” de Leon in late October at a costume competition for dogs. My sister begged us to enter him before we even got him. I made the costume myself: more on that later. Here he is on Instagram, which, by the way, you can follow me on using the buttons on the upper right corner of the page. 



3. I learned about foods that will kill me

My temporary workplace has a nutrition and chemistry expert, complete with in depth knowledge and understandable but scientific explanations for why some foods are very, very bad for us. Yikes. I won’t be eating most store bought dried fruit anytime soon. And lunch meat is off the table (even more so than it was). I'm super glad for those banana chips I made now. 

4. The balcony garden reaches its conclusion

With the frost setting in, it’s time to see what happened with my balcony garden. Results soon.


The balcony garden in its early stages 


5. King Edmund the Just goes on a hunger strike to confront injustice

This hunger strike happens to be over the food we give him. Eddie decided during these last several weeks that his food- the food he’s eaten all along- is now not worthy of his apparently refined palette. He turns his nose up at the food we’re offering him, even when it’s mixed with treats he loves.

That’s a bit of what I’ve been up to besides work. Experimenting will commence again in the next several days. I’m glad to be back! 


Comments